Michael Wagener Workshop News
During the course of this workshop we are going to record and mix one song, from top to bottom. The following areas of recording and mixing will be explored in detail:
- room acoustics,
- placement of instruments in a room,
- session management
- pre-production/song arrangement
- choice and placement of microphones,
- choice of microphone preamps,
- gain staging,
- phase relation between microphone set ups,
- different recording techniques, tips and tricks of the trade
- outboard gear for recording and mixing
- routing and set up of effect units, equalizers, compressors, reverbs, delays etc
- automation, levels, panning, bussing, dynamic effects,
- analog summing
- patch bays, analog and digital
- buss compression/equalization,
and plenty more...
The band rocking this workshop is Sergeant Steel from Austria, also known as The Crazies. They are a lot of fun to work with.
We will be spending as much time as needed on mic setups and trying different things, and won’t record until we are satisfied with the sound, and the band just will have to put up with us.
The workshops are hands-on and everybody will be put to work during the recording sessions. Questions are always welcome, no such thing as a stupid question. At the end of the workshop you take home a lot more knowledge about recording and mixing than what you came here with.
The hours are from 11:00AM to 7:00PM. with a lunch break around 1pm. During the day snacks and beverages are available at the studio.
The rate for this workshop is €2,500 (not including travel, hotel or food).