Michael Wagener Workshop News
During the course of this workshop we are going to record and mix one song, from top to bottom. The following areas of recording and mixing will be explored in detail:
- room acoustics,
- placement of instruments in a room,
- session management
- pre-production/song arrangement
- choice and placement of microphones,
- choice of microphone preamps,
- gain staging,
- phase relation between microphone set ups,
- different recording techniques, tips and tricks of the trade
- outboard gear for recording and mixing
- routing and set up of effect units, equalizers, compressors, reverbs, delays etc
- automation, levels, panning, bussing, dynamic effects,
- analog summing
- patch bays, analog and digital
- buss compression/equalization,
and plenty more...
The band playing for this workshop has not been determined yet
The workshops are hands-on and everybody will be put to work during the recording sessions. Questions are always welcome, no such thing as a stupid question. At the end of the workshop you take home a lot more knowledge about recording and mixing than what you came here with.
The hours are from 11:00AM to 7:00PM. with a lunch break around 1pm. During the day snacks and beverages are available at the studio.
The rate for this workshop is $1,950 (not including travel, hotel or food).